Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A bunch of excuses

One thing I am bad at is keeping up with blogs. I am so impressed with the Mothers who blog on a regular basis. I cut the tips of two of my fingers and it hurts to type a lot.  Adapt and overcome!

I checked out The Backyard Homestead, edited by Carleen Madigan from the library. Very good read! As soon as I return it, I plan on purchasing it. Full of lots of great information. Have been working on a garden plan (pictures to follow when finished), planning on two raised beds and an in-ground, edible decorative garden/herb garden surrounding door front. Thinking and planning helps get through winter.

Oh! And the bird feeder finally has birds. The chickadees were there eating from when I woke up at 8 am allllll the way until dark. It was a form of entertainment for all of us (Isaac, theo and I. Daddy was at work.) throughout the day. I laughed so hard every time Isaac pushed his forehead into the window calling out, "come heeeerreee birdies," the same way I yell for Theo to come back in mornings.

Vegetarianism is an easy transition, albeit my lack of creativity in the kitchen lately. Lots of kale, lots of squash. The weight loss is not the only perk. I have had increased energy, I sleep better. I am starting to tire of stirfries as lunch/dinner. I guess this week I'll challenge myself to try a new recipe.

Cutting this one short because that thing about my finger was true and it really does hurt to type. I'll leave you with a song i can't keep out of my head lately.  

2 comments:

  1. Cool book! I will have to check it out someday. I am hoping that when we move I can have an indoor herb/basics garden going. Isaac!! I miss him. And you. What an adorable little guy. You should keep a record of what kinds of birds you see at the feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love this song. I didn't listen to it til after commenting. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete